Help Raise Awareness To Stop Food Waste!
Stop Food Waste today! stopfoodwasteday.com mission is to reduce the food waste we make, food waste effects hunger, poverty, climate change, our health and wellbeing. Not only does it effect your pocket but it’s bad for the environment too.
- 33% of all food produced globally is lost or wasted every year
- 45% of root crops, fruit and vegetables produced globally is lost or wasted per year
- $1,866 the annual cost of food wasted by the average American family
- 25% of the food wasted globally could feed all 795 million undernourished people in the world
- 8% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year are due to food loss and waste
How you can help:
- Share a post on social media to raise further awareness
- Join stopfoodwasteday.com annual’s Stop Food Waste virtual event today at 7PM- The link can be found here.
- Reduce your household food waste
- Here at Xenia Students we encourage all students to take part in Stop Food Waste Day so we can help the environment together!