Our Contact Details
Name: Xenia Students
Address: Bank House, Old Market Place, Altrincham, WA144PA
Phone Number: +44(0)330 9957 987
Email: [email protected]
This document was issued on the 11th June 2020.
The Type of Personal Information We Collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information such as you and your guarantors name, address, phone number and email address.
- Limited financial information including guarantor annual income and student loan data.
- Identification data to enable a Right To Rent check be carried out such as VISA, Biometric Residence Permits, student ID and Number
How We Get the Personal Information and Why We Have It
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To make a booking with Xenia Students
- To make a booking enquiry with Xenia Students
- To make a general enquiry with Xenia Students
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Referral agents pass personal information for booking or enquiry requests
- Online portals pass personal information for enquiry requests
We may share your personal data with several third parties to enable us to process your booking and tenancy this includes:
- Inventory Hive
- MRI / Engage
- ACT Credit Management
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent (please be aware that you are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected])
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a vital interest
How We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is securely stored on CRM software.
- We keep contact information including name, address, phone and email address for up to 5 years.
- We keep financial information including guarantor information and student loan data for up to 5 years.
- We keep Right to Rent information including VISA, placed university and student ID number for up to 5 years.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk